Later today I’ll be testifying at a hearing before the House Small Business Committee titled “Bitcoin: Examining the Benefits and Risks for Small Business.” It will be live streamed starting at 1 p.m. My testimony will be available on the Mercatus website at that time, but below is some of my work on Bitcoin in case you’re new to the issue.
Also, tonight I’ll be speaking at a great event hosted by the DC FinTech meetup on “Bitcoin & the Internet of Money.” I’ll be joined by Bitcoin core developer Jeff Garzik and we’ll be interviewed on stage by Joe Weisenthal of Business Insider. It’s open to the public, but you have to RSVP.
Finally, stay tuned because in the next couple of days my colleagues Houman Shadab, Andrea Castillo, and I will be posting a draft of our new law review article looking at Bitcoin derivatives, prediction markets, and gambling. Bitcoin is the most fascinating issue I’ve ever worked on.
Here’s Some Bitcoin Reading…
- Bitcoin: A Primer for Policymakers (with Andrea Castillo)
- Regulators Need to Take It Easy on Bitcoin Startups, WIRED, March 6, 2014.
- Bitcoin: More than Money, Reason, December 2013.
- US regulations are hampering Bitcoin’s growth, The Guardian, November 18, 2013.
- Why Regulators Should Embrace Bitcoin, American Banker, August 21, 2013.
- And here are all the posts about Bitcoin on Tech Liberation from myself, Jim Harper, and Eli Dourado
And here’s my interview with Reihan Salam discussing Bitcoin…