Just FYI… The American Enterprise Institute (AEI) is looking for a full-time Program Manager for its new project focused on Internet, communications, and technology policy. The job description can be found online here and is pasted down below:
# # #
The American Enterprise Institute seeks a full-time Program Manager for its new project focused on Internet, communications, and technology policy.
This project will advance policies to encourage innovation, competition, liberty, and growth, creating a positive agenda centered on the political economy of creative destruction. The Program Manager will work closely with the Program Director in the development and day-to-day management of the project; conducting research; developing a new blog website; commissioning monographs and reports; and coordinating events.
Additionally, the Research Program Manager is expected to:
- Be a strong writer, capable of drafting and editing funding proposals, research and opinion articles, marketing materials, and correspondence
- Provide research and administrative support for the program director on various technology policy initiatives, as required
- Be capable of managing numerous projects, initiatives, conferences, and deadlines simultaneously, without oversight
- Contribute original writing and research to AEI research programs
- Be well-versed in Internet and communications policy and capable of proposing new ideas for conferences, initiatives, and projects
The ideal candidate for this position will combine an outstanding academic record with experience working in a technology and communications policy environment with extensive project-management responsibilities, and excellent writing, research and communications skills. BA in economics, or related degree required. The candidate should have a demonstrated interest in a wide range of policy topics and should have a strong grasp of Washington institutions and current events. Applicants should be flexible, creative, and have proven time-management and writing skills.
If interested, please submit an online application to www.aei.org/jobs, complete with a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and 500-word writing sample.