On Friday, May 7th from 9:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. at the National Press Club, The Progress & Freedom Foundation will hold a panel discussion entitled, “What Should the Next Communications Act Look Like?” This event will consider the implications of the recent Comcast v. FCC court decision, the FCC’s pending “Net Neutrality” Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, as well as other developments which have lead many experts, officials, policymakers and a diverse array of companies to call on Congress to update the Telecommunications Act of 1996. Leading industry veterans will make their case for change, and explain how their proposals can be implemented. Our expect panel will include:
- Thomas J. Tauke, Executive Vice President – Public Affairs, Policy and Communications, Verizon Communications
- Peter Pitsch, Associate General Counsel and Executive Director of Communications Policy, Intel
- Walter McCormick, President & CEO, United States Telecom Association
- Ray Gifford, Partner, Wilkinson, Barker, Knauer, LLP
- Michael Calabrese, Vice President, New America Foundation
- Barbara Esbin, Senior Fellow, The Progress & Freedom Foundation
Please RSVP here is you plan to join us on May 7th for this event. Again, it will take place from 9:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. at the National Press Club (Holeman Lounge, 13th Floor, 529 14th Street NW). Hope to see you there.