Make sure to read George Ou’s two recent articles over at the Digital Society blog setting the record straight about broadband usage caps: “Putting American Bandwidth Caps into Context” and “We Need to be Reasonable about Broadband Usage Caps.” George is one sharp cookie. I particularly like the way he takes apart Free Press for their hypocrisy on this issue, something I have commented on here before after George brought it to my attention. See:
- Free Press Hypocrisy over Metering & Internet Price Controls; and
- The (Un)Free Press Calls for Internet Price Controls: “The Broadband Internet Fairness Act”
… and here’s some older material on the issue…
- Why Not Meter?
- Once Again, Why Not Meter Broadband Pipes?
- Bandwidth Cap Hysteria & the Alternative
- Bandwidth Cap Worries (by Tim Lee)
- Net Neutrality Rules = Price Controls (by Ryan Radia)
- The Real Net Neutrality Debate: Pricing Flexibility Versus Pricing Regulation